Thursday, February 2, 2012

*Oil on top*

As naturals we all know that moisture is a must.  I mean every article, blog post, expert and wannabe will declare that moisture retention is the key for healthy hair.  I AGREE! Moisture is the key to longer, healthier hair.  One way I try to keep the moisture in my hair is sealing it with OIL.



Yes oil! My favorite is olive oil.  I put that ***** on everything! LOL! No really I do! I put olive oil in my conditioner.  I put it in my homemade hair spritzers among a ton of other products and uses.  The most effective way I have found to use my oil is as a sealant instead of a moisturizer.

When I first went natural I would pour oil on my head like I was anointing my head with oil! Oil EVERYWHERE! It didn't solve any thing put made my pillows greasy and my face bumpy.....no bueno! After researching different uses for oils and trying this and trying that...//I found a better way to use oil that is beneficial for my hair.

Ok so FIRST: I learned to add it to cheap conditioner for super soft cowashes.  When I say cheap conditioner I mean like Suave naturals coconut (that's my favorite $1 condish...LOL).  I pour some over in the bottle and I use it when I cowash my hair.



SECOND: I add it to water and my fav essential oils and make a summer spritz for instant moisturizing.  Nice little refresher for those days were it's hot and dry outside.

THIRD:  I seal the moisture after I wash my hair.  So when I shampoo my hair I go through my normal routine.  At the end I put on a water based leave in conditioner (Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla), I then apply the oil to my hands and rub thru sections of my hair.  After I have applied oil I use a cream base moisturizer in order to style my hair......WATER-OIL-CREAM :-)

So oil on my loves! Oil on!

No comments:

Post a Comment