Friday, February 24, 2012

My weeeaaaveee!!!! (Select Goddess Remy)

My favorite protective styling (other than 2-strand twist) is sew ins.  They offer the versatility I love along with the protection I need in order to encourage growth and rest my hair.  Before I do my sew in I prep my hair three days in advance by deep conditioning my hair with my avocado deep conditioner.  I then allow it to air dry in two strand twists.  When I am finally ready to sew the hair in I comb the twists out and cornrow my hair in preparation of the tracks.

I won't go into detail just yet on HOW a do my sew ins.  I'll save that for another post....or a YouTube video...LOL! (Comment if you think I should make a YouTube video).

This time I decided to try something different than my beloved Milky Way-Que.  So I went to www.ebonyline.com and purchased 2 packs of 14" Select Goddess Remy.




I installed the hair and this is how it looked (after I trimmed the bangs and flat ironed it)




This was the first week I wore the hair.  It was a tad bit frizzy so I had to use some Garnier Fructis Hair Smoothing Milk.  I applied it to the dry hair and wrapped or pin curled it at night and wrapped in a satin scarf.....YES satin! I have so many of these and it cuts down on the frizz.  In order for my natural hair to blend I applied Shea butter before I flat ironed the exposed hair.  Even though the majority of your hair is braided still take care of the hair that is exposed.




Here is me with bangs.....what you guys think?  Bangs or swoop??



If you have read ANY of my regimine post then you would know that I LOVE to was and DC my hair!  Well with a sew in that is not always feasible.  So finally after three weeks I shampooed my hair and conditioned it.  You can always tell the true quality of the hair after you wash it.  I shampooed it with Shea Moisture Moisture retention shampoo and applied Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioning cream.  My results were HORRIBLE!!!!! My hair was thick course and frizzy!! Tangled, matted and ROUGH! SO I did a cool rinse and my sissy blow dried it.  After the warm blow dryer and a generous helping of oil sheen I was left with.....................


pin curls








flat wrap


The hair was in even BETTER shape than when I first purchased it.  The above pic is from today and I have had the hair installed for ONE MONTH!!!!! Of course I have new growth and sometimes I have to use the Organic Root Olive Oil Edge Control to slick back my curly edges.  But over all I am satisfied with the purchase.  There was a little shedding and tangling at the nape, but with hair this length tangles are expected.  It didn't tangle anywhere else.  SO here are my pros and cons.....


Pros
  • Natural shine
  • Perfect color match (a true 1b)
  • Great bounce back quality
  • Reasonable price
Cons
  • Tangles in the back
  • Sheds a little
  • DOESN'T LIKE CONDITIONER



My plan is to keep it one more month *cross fingers and squeezes eyes shut*, and install another sew in.....this time I'm thinking BIG hair.........
 
 
 
 
Luv Latrice





 

3 comments: