Thursday, December 29, 2011

In the Beginning................



I started my natural journey like many of you. For years I battled with the perception that my hair wasn't beautiful unless it was "fried, dyed and laid to the side". I went to the salon every two weeks (Thursdays at 5...LOL!!) and got a relaxer every 8 weeks. I would panic if my straight her kinked up one bit. The decision to go natural came when I was going through a rough time in my marriage (my life is no fairy tale and I am VERY honest in MY blog :) ) and I decided to make me happy. I got micros on the date I was to get a relaxer and three months later I cut them out!!! LOL!!!

It was a major move for me because we as black women equates beauty with long, straight, "good" hair. Ha! And here I was with my nappy headed, bald self. Because I did not transition my hair was maybe 1/2 inch long. I wore comb twist and wash and gos until my hair was long enough for senegalese twists. This was my first BC and my hair grew pretty fast.

My advice to you is do what makes you happy!! There are many benefits to being natural (that we will discuss later) and there are many struggles with being natural (we will address later as well). It is one of the best decisions I have made and it helps you to discover your inner beauty!

YOUR HEAD IS NOT TO BIG TO GO NATURAL.....
YOUR HAIR TEXTURE IS BEAUTIFUL.....
YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL NOT A BOY.......

YOUR HAIR WILL GROW!!!!!!!




The first BC (big chop) November 28, 2008





Luv Latrice

No comments:

Post a Comment