Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year....New________!!

Happy New year to all my lovies!!!





With the new year comes tons of promises to lose weight, excercise, eat right, save money, be on time....blah, blah, blah BLAHHHHHHH!!! LOL! I always say in order to improve on YOU, you must start by setting GOALS.  It is also wise to set a timeline for these goals and set mini goals that will aide in acheiving your ultimate goal. 

One thing I have been working on (and struggling with) is my diet.  Don't get me wrong..I LOVE my size, figure and everything else.  What I AM unhappy with is the amount of junk I put into my body.  You are looking at a person who downs a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies NIGHTLY......*hangs head in shame*.  So at the end of last year I got the bright idea to construct monthly menus accompanied with weekly grocery lists......yea! <------the teacher in me.  This lasted for all of two months and my kids got tired of eating the same meals.  I was also doing a HORRIBLE job at incorporating veggies into our diet.  Especially because I think veggies are YUCKY!! Ewwww!  Being that I am very computer savvy (and GOOGLE is my bff) I googled healthy (cheap) dinners.  What I got was so exciting!!!!!! From the "fruits and veggies more matters" web page (http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/?page_id=6535) I was able to get monthly menus (that included veggies of a variety of colors and some meatless dishes), along with recipes and weekly grocery lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! That's not the only thing......*all meals fed a family of four for under $10!!!!!*  ON top of clipping coupons......Oh I was winning big time!  I tried the menu from week 5 and week 1 and my family LOVED the new dishes.  It brought tons of variety to our diet and provided us with healthy eating alternatives!!


When you go natural, sometimes it makes you aware of you.  I mean being natural is so freeing! You are stripped down of what others thought of as beauty and your natural beauty shines through.  You are more self conscience of your body...and yourself.  It's a beautiful thing. But let's remember to take care of our inside as well.  Put good things on the inside because it directly affects how our beauty is on the outside.  Whether you are natural or relaxed, a balance diet including fruits and veggies can be beneficial to healthy hair, skin and nails.  Sometimes we put things into our bodies without a second thought as to how it will affect us.  Some naturals go as far as taking hair supplements by mouth in order to increase hair growth and helahty hair......-___-.  My PERSONAL opinion is a good diet, hair regimine and the right products will result in healthy hair.  Hair growth is a result of many factors, environment, genetics, care.....just to name a few.  DO what's best for you.  If eating right, on a budget isn't for you, then don't stress yourself....find what is for you and stick with it!!!








Luv Latrice

2 comments:

  1. Hey boo!!! Very proud of you for improving you and your "not so" littles' diets. It truly does make a difference in how you feel and act. I am definitely a big advocate for fruits, veggies and healthy snacks... Keep it up and stay motivated!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :0) it is soooooooo hard to get kids to eat vegetables and I never thought about serving fruit as part of a meal instead of a sncak. Thanks for the positive words :0)

    ReplyDelete