Friday, January 6, 2012

Another season another regimine!

I'm sitting here with my head wrapped up like a space alien as I am doing this blog.  See, my regimine has changed since the summer.  With the changing of seasons, and the wealth of NEW knowledge about hair, came a new hair regimine. :-) So in the beginning I was an olive oil and honey type of chick.....now don't get me wrong...I LOVE MY EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)! I still use it regularly and in almost every thing (conditioner, homemade hair spritzers, moisturizers, etc, etc).  But I have added a few more staples to my natural hair products (shea butter, shea moisture products)  Sooooooooo....my regimine for thecolder months is as follows:

Every Friday night is my pamper night (what a life....LOL!!!!).  I shampoo my hair with African Shea Butter black soap or Shea moisture shampoo (which ever I have handy).  I take special care to be extra careful with my delicate, wet hair (heeheehee) and massage my scalp. Remember to put your styling tools in the sink so that they can be cleansed as you are cleansing your hair.  After I have thoroughly rinsed my hair I take a towel and place it on my hair. I don't rub it really rough because sometimes I will do a wash and go and I don't want to disturb the curl pattern (but that's a different post)....where was I??? OH yea! So I dry my hair by patting it dry with a towel.  I then put the avocado mixture on my hair, plastic cap (or plastic grocery bag if I'm out of caps.....#shrug! LOL!) and a cotton head wrap  and do my nails!! Hahahahahaaaaa! No seriously, after I apply the mixture and the caps I leave it on for about an hour or so.

Once the avocado conditioner has been on my hair for aboout an hour or so I rinse it out until the water runs clear.  While my hair is still wet I apply softened shea butter and oil (whatever oil I have on hand) and two strand twist my softened curls.  Double strand twist is my FAV protective styling! I love IT!!!!  I normally wear the twists for about two days and on the extra cold mornings I wrap my hair in cute scarves or put on hats to keep my scalp warm. If my hair starts to dry before I am done (my head is a little large so this tends to happen alot) I spray with a little water and oil and continue to twist until it is all twisted.  At the ends of my twists I take shea butter and apply a little extra.  This helps curl the ends so I don't have those straight ends.  Now some of my hair is heat damaged so before I untwist the twist I have to put a couple of bantu knots in it to curl the straightened hait.  At the end I have a beautiful twist out!! I will post pics later!! **promise**

Luv Latrice

2 comments:

  1. Ok..so I put 2sp brownsuga.in a cup..added some pantene for women of color and a lil water and scrubbed my daughters locz. Then shampoo and conditioned as normal...only prob not sure what type of results to look for..shld it hav been extra shiny..extra soft...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brown sugar scrub is good for exfoliating the scalp (dandruff, build up, etc). It is also great for increasing blood flow to the scalp and encouraging hair growth. These results aren't instant so it will take time to see the effects. Hope this helps! :-)

    Luv Latrice

    ReplyDelete