Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Many faces of........ME!

So I promised that I would post pictures and I wanted to remain true to my word and post pictures of different ways I wear my hair.  Please forgive me....I take the pictures with my phone so they are not the best.  When I first went natural I searched and searched the internet for styles for my short natural hair.  Maybe one day I will work up the nerve to do a video for you guys :)

'Fro Hawk

This is a braid out.  At the time I used Miss Jessie's buttercreame to braid my hair that night.  I wear the braids over night and in the morning I pick the roots to create a fuller effect.  You can use pomade or eco styler gel to slick back your edges.  Take the combs and place them in the sides of your hair and viola! You have the perfect 'fro hawk.  Perfect for those old twist outs!


Braid out

This is the braid out before the 'fro hawk.  To preserve my style I would put my hair in gian plaits and wrap in a satin scarf at night.


Blow out

Believe it or not my hair wasn't that long when I got my first blow out.  I was natural for less than a year and had my hair straightened.  The blow out yielded good results in that my hair reverted back to its natural kinky state :-)



TWA (teeny weeny afro)

Loved, loved LOOOVED this style.  Quick Cowash (washing hair with conditioner instead of shampoo) and a glop of eco styler gel and BoOmP!!! You have a sexy little fro on the go! :-) Don't rush your hair to grow....Trust ME! You will miss this stage once you have longer hair and may even cut your longer hair to achieve your TWA.




2 strand twist

This is my favorite protective style.  Protective styling protects your hair against the elements....especially your ends.  For my two strand twists I use Shea butter melted down to a creamy texture mixed with a little oil.  I re wet my hair with a water and coconut oil mixture and apply the Shea butter mixture to the my fingertips.  I am certain to seal the ends with the Shea butter mixture.




2 strand twist out

After I wear the twist for about 3 days I finally take the twists out and break them apart.  I then find one of my cutesy headbands or flowers and adorn my hair with it.  To preserve this style at night I twist in about 8 big twists and wrap my hair in a satin scarf.  I try and re moisturize with Shea butter or a warm oil and water mixture in a spray bottle.





Twist out with bangs (using three combs and a boby pin)


Ok so you can tell that twist outs are my fav!!! ^_^ This is done on a fresh twist out.  I took the front of my hair pulled it down to form a bang.  I placed a bobby pin in the bang to weigh the hair down on my forehead.  I then took three combs and combed the sides back and the back up.  It created a cute updoish! :-)





Twist out bun combed back

Again another twist out.  I took the front and created a bun with bobby pins.  I took two combs (my second favorite accessory) and combed the sides back.


Some-a-dis Some-a-dat...LOL!

This hairstyle is a combination of a few things.  My twist out was getting a little old so that night when I twisted my hair in 8 big twists I twisted them into knots..........like this:

I used cloth ponytail holders to hold the knots because I didn't have enough pins to place in every knot.  I oiled my hair pretty good because it was so dry and performed the GHE (green house effect)----->oil your hair, cover with a plastic cap, cover with your scarf, cover with your winter hat and go to bed {more on this later}.  When I woke up the next morning I took it all out and allowed my hair to air dry before I took the knots out.  After my hair dried I undid the knots and separated them.






All the styles featured here can be done with a wash and go or a braid out.  Just wanted to give you guys an idea of how to wear your curls :-)





Luv Latrice

2 comments:

  1. You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the matter and found a good number of people will consent with your blog.
    Adventure Jones Solo Series Bicycle Repair Stand with Tool Tray B1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely Great. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific website.
    Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot

    ReplyDelete