Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh BABY!

 









Lately I have been MIA (missing in action) and I miss you guys terribly.  While I haven't been very vocal I have been reading, experimenting and documenting ways to help care for my tender tresses.  On March 28, 2012 I discovered that I was pregnant with my 3rd bundle of blessings :-) While it was a very happy occasion I became horribly sick.  Hence my absence from my blog :-(  But now I am GREAT! Baby is AWESOME!  And I am gaining my 2nd wind! LOL!



Since becoming pregnant one of the most noticeable changes I have endured (other than the obvious soccer ball underneath my shirt) is the changes with my hair.  When I was relaxed I had horrible dandruff that went away as soon as I stopped relaxing my scalp.  Well.....not only did the dandruff come back.....it brought an horrible, itchy scalp with it :-( Grrrrrrrrrr!!  We all know that scratching your scalp with your nails is not good or healthy for your scalp.  Nails introduce bacteria and other "nasty" things to your scalp causing your scalp to become unhealthy.

Pregnancy hormones causes your hair and skin to change.  My scalp had become dry and itchy and the way I dealt with this was nightly massages.  I mixed 1/2 cup of warm EVOO with 5 drops of tea tree oil and massaged it into my scalp.  This helps a ton.  I may not get to it EVERY night but I try to not go longer than two nights with out it or I have terrible flakes :-(

The other change is a little more exciting and positive....it is the enormous growth and thickness.  I have always had thick hair.  Now there is an abundance of hair and it is growing like weeds.  Check out my before and during pregnancy photos......




10 weeks pregnant




21 weeks pregnant


Have YOU noticed any changes in your hair during pregnancy?




Luv Latrice

2 comments: