Sunday, August 19, 2012

*Shea moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie* Review



 On the road to Disney World this Spring (13 hour drive) I stopped at Target to purchase something quick to twist my hair.  I purchased the Curl Enhancing Smoothie by Shea Moisture.  I am a big Shea Moisture fan.  Love the way their products feel, smell and work my tresses, but I have never tried their line with the peach label.  This was all they offered so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. 

In the car I proceeded to dry twist my hair (section off hair, spritz with water, apply coconut oil and product, twist hair and seal ends with raw shea butter). The twists came out pretty good and I had a LOT of growth since my last set of twists




Before pregnancy

April 2012 (done with the curl enhancing smoothie)




When I untwisted my hair for the twist out it was not so good.  My twists had poor definition and they were extremely dry!


Although we were in Florida (where it was more humid) I still expected a little more definition than this.  By the end of the day I was left with an Afro that was a MESS!
Being that I had this entire container of product I decided t try it on my daughter's hair.  If I had to "type" our hair I would say that my hair is a 4(a,b) and my daughter's hair is more of a 3b.  Because the product is thinner than I would like I wanted to see how it work on my daughter's hair.





I washed my daughter's hair in Shea Moisture moisture retention shampoo.  I then tshirt dried it and applied coconut oil & Shea Moisture restorative conditioner.  I then two strand twisted the back using the curl enhancing smoothie. The end result was worse than I expected.  The product left residue in my daughter's hair.  My daughter's hair was drier than I ever seen it no curl at all.....just a big poof!

CONCLUSION:
This product smells wonderful but it is NOT beneficial as a styling aid. I ended up using the remainder of the product to slick edges of ponies and puffs.  It is great for applying to my daughter's hair while wet and allowed to air dry without any manipulation.  Only problem is by the end of the day it's DRY!

Pros:
Smell
Enhance curl pattern for "moment"
cost
smooths edges (with the aide of a scarf)

Cons:
No moisture
No definition when styling
Leaves residue
Flakes


Luv Latrice








No comments:

Post a Comment